Ashtanga Yoga literally means “eight limbs of yoga.” These limbs are defined in the the second chapter of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, and comprise the foundation of Ashtanga Yoga Philosophy.
Asana is the 3rd limb of the 8 limbs, however today, when many people say “Ashtanga” they are often simply referring to Asana, which is the physical sequence of postures as taught by Sri. K Pattabhi Jois.
At Thanyapura, Asthanga Yoga is taught by Dr Gupta, who is an expert in Asthanga & Therapeutic Yoga.
Asthanga yoga class is a mix of breathing practices, loosening practices, postures and pranayama. The combination of breath control and postures together brings a lot of benefits to the body like increased flexibility, muscle strength, improve posture, increase blood flow, drain toxins and boost immunity.
See you in Class!
- Calms and balances the mind and body
- Normalizes the body’s energy
- Aids in movement and mobility in joints and hips
- Lowers stress levels
- Better endurance
- A method to deal with anxiety and stress
What Should I Bring?
- Comfortable flowing pants and loose tops
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
Additional Class Information
Warnings or extra advice…
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
MEMBERS & HOTEL GUESTS
STAY WITH US
JOIN THIS CLASS
JOIN 3-MONTH MEMBERSHIP
- Discounts available for block bookings for multiple sessions.
- Individual and small groups (2-5 people) sessions also available on request.
Book Your Class
Let us know how we can help you and one of our dedicated concierge team will get back to you very quickly. You will also receive a copy of your enquiry send immediately to your inbox.